Although this course is directed for parents with children from 8 to 11 years old, parents with younger or older children are encouraged to participate too. The topics dealt with in the course are useful for all ages.
In this age range, children feel comfortable in the environment in which they find themselves. As a consequence they find themselves making a wide range of personal decisions in many daily situations. To assist them in making good choices, children need to have a scale of values to use as a reference.
In this course, parents analyze the importance of living according to a scale of values and also learn how to transmit these same values to their children.
Topics General Session Dates
Saturdays in Fall 2021 and Spring 2022
1. Getting to know a child October 9
2. Parental authority November 13
3. Education for love January 15
4. The use of free time February 12
5. Marriage relationship March 5
6. Truth and transcendence April 9
Team Meetings dates are determined by Team Leaders and are usually held at a home a week before General Session.
Frostwood Elementary (Community Room)
12214 Memorial Dr. (and Gessner. Enter parking lot on Plantation Dr.)
Houston, Texas 77024
3: 30 sharp
General Sessions last 1.5 hours. It is encouraged that all couples attend the GS because if couples don't attend they deprive the rest of the group of their valuable perspectives. They are followed by appetizers and social time.
Wendy & Vince O'Bar
Registration Deadline: September 15
Family Enrichment at a glance
FE uses the case study method. The courses tackle one case per month following these steps:
1. Individual Study of technical note and case.
2. Couple Discussion.
3. Team Meeting (4-5 couples, always the same group). Lasts 1 hour.
4. General Session (25-30 couples from around the city that are taking the same course). Lasts 1.5 hours. Discussion is lead by a Moderator.
All four steps are essential.
Changing the world one couple at a time.